Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kaelyssa's Battlebox

I had previously found the base color I want to use for my Retribution force, but not having done "human"-ish skin tone in years, I've been putting it off. But this Saturday there is a Battlebox tournament going on for some new players, and I'm going down to support and help out where needed. I'm not exactly a newbie, but I'm not sure if I would consider myself a Veteran player either. I have a good grasp of the rules and should be able to help out so that the press ganger isn't overwhelmed.

I also wanted to make sure I had a fully painted Battlebox force going in, so no looking like a slacker either. I also wanted to make sure I was using a Warmachine Battlebox force, since the store is newly stocking the game, and they mostly have the Warmachine box sets. I do not want to roll in with a Hordes Battlebox and throwing a wrench into the gears and confuse brand new players with the Fury/Transfer/Animus mechanics.

This also allowed me to play with my light box and get back into taking better miniature photos. The photos came out decently, but I need to play around with it more and get a set up that I like, that will take photos that I like. So expect some improvement on the lighting as I continue painting and taking photos. I was also excited about getting this force painted and wanted to blog it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment