Wednesday, May 11, 2011


Finally No Quarter #36 has come out, and my entry for 'Bring the Blight' challenge has been announced and shown.  And my Trollsaken didn't win the challenge.  On the 'Blight'-side I am a Runner-up, and have officially been published for painting!  Friends are already looking for my autograph, and I will gladly do so for the low low low price of $1 US.  Without further ado, here is the Trollsaken:

This all started since I found a cheap Legion starter box and I asked my buddy Scott about putting together a 25pt army and he came up with this list:

Thagrosh, Prophet of Everblight (*5pts)
* Harrier (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Shredder (2pts)
* Angelius (9pts)
* Carnivean (11pts)
The Forsaken (2pts)

The difficulty of this was hard to get ahold of an Angelius, and impossible to get a Forsaken.  I had extra Kreil Warriors, so I decided to do some modifications, and behold the Trollsaken came to life.  The idea also happened to correspond with a NQ painting challenge, Bring the Blight, blighten up a non-blighted model.  This is probably one of my favorite models i've done so far.  (Note:  I added the Harrier in there, instead of another Shredder, I have it, so I might as well use it)

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Works in Progress

I've been on a Ret kick and have started taking my painting wants out on them.  It is actually a simpler paint job than my trolls, and they are easier to "knock out"

Right now staring at me I have eEiryss and the Destor Thane solo.  I picked up the Thane when he was released.  But there was a mispack and I have an extra flank for the regular cav models.  Contacted and then Called PP with the difficulty and it was sent promptly, and I was excited to put him together.

I've got eEiryss on her statue, which I've added alot of sculpt to it, and I intend to take the 'leaves' I use, get them "greened up", and put them crawling up the vines i've made around the base with dead ones in the grass/earth mound around her.

So my WIP currently looks like:

I also have Janissa Stonetide looking at me from the back of the workspace.  I have her base, finished, and her skin is base coated and inked.  I really need to get her done for the painting challenge I have with my buddy Lance at the end of the month.  Its just not inspiring to me at the moment, unfortunately.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Lastest Paintings

I was able to sit down and finish my Halberdiers and the Officer and Standard UA.  I really like how they turned out, the faces are a little meh.  I wasn't excited about the faces, and will have to retouch them.  But they are done done done!

Bonus painted models came along also!  I scored a 'deal' from ebay and picked up Dahlia & Skarath.  Keeping in theme of my bronze/brown spectrum, I went brown with Skarath.  I really like how he turned out, and goes well with my Retribution models.  Dahlia got a very green hairdo, plus a little purple-ish eye liner, since her eye is closed on the model.  I really like how these models turned out.