Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Earthborn DT

  I'm still working on getting good photos up here, and playing with them, so I can have a good representation of my work.  Its a learning process, but I wanted to make sure I got this bad boy up on the blog and share.  The biggest time consumption was dealing with my obsidian tie in for the army.  There are so many rock formations on this guy, it was a bit of a pain to make sure they were all black
 
  This was a model that I had gotten used, and the top flap of his "loincloth of decency" was missing so I had to make one myself.  I thought it came out pretty well, and I did dig the gray cloth.  I've been creating a leather brown on my other models, but since I was going to base this guy brown, I thought it might be a little redundant, and went gray.  I think it came out fantastically, just an enjoyable model to paint and play.  I was able to put this bad boy down on the tabletop last weekend, and I did get some favorable comments on the paint job.  I'm pretty excited it came out so well.   What I do need to concentrate more on, highlighting.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still loving the obsidian theme in your troll force. Great work!

    ReplyDelete